The May Issue 2022 A launch party for Font!
Our May ‘Issue’ of Font is actually an invitation!
We are delighted to invite you a live in-person celebration of Font magazine at L’Annéxe Dépanneur Café in Montreal on Thursday, June 16th!
Timing and the pandemic have meant that Font has not yet had an in-person launch, and it’s now our pleasure to invite you to celebrate with the editorial team and our spectacular contributions from new and early career English and minority language writers across Quebec.
Issues 1 through 6 have featured over 50 writers, including young Black writers from the Black Community Resource Centre, emerging poets from the Eastern Townships, new storytellers from the Lower Saint Lawrence, early career playwrights from Teesri Duniya’s Fireworks program, students from Université Laval working with the Morrin Centre’s Imagination Festival in Quebec City, and SWANA (South West Asian and North African) voices.
Join us for readings and performances from contributors from all over the province, and to help us launch of Issue 8: Radical & Independent Journalism in Quebec. Doors open at 7pm, and performances begin at 7:30pm. Further details can be found below.
We hope to see you there. Come celebrate Font with us!
A (belated) launch for Font!
- Venue: 200 Bernard St W, Montreal, QC, H2T 2K4
- Doors: 7pm Performances: 7:30pm
- The event is PWYC (suggested donation $3 – $5) with all proceeds going to future issues of Font magazine.
- Refreshments will be available from the Dépanneur Café throughout the event. Please note that this venue serves alcohol. Payment by cash or card.
- No need to RSVP! Just come along.
- L’Annexe Dépanneur Café has accessible, gender-inclusive toilets.
- If you have any mobility needs, please let us know at email@example.com. We’ll arrange for the accessibility ramp to be made available for your arrival – there is a small step into the café itself – and for suitable seating to be reserved.
- Covid-19: Masks and social distancing will not be required for this event. However, please feel free to keep your mask on if this is more comfortable for you.
- Font’s editorial team is situated in Montreal / Tio’tia:ke on the unceded lands of the Kanien’kehá:ka Nation. Font respects the continued connections with the past, present and future in our relationships with Indigenous and other peoples in communities within Montreal and Quebec. Font strives to carry this spirit of connection forward in its work and in helping to mark literary creations by people from multiple and divergent lived realities from across Quebec.